Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Wednesday 052814

More Danny M insanity. 

10.2 in the afternoon.  I was stalling on this because I did not feel so hot, and it was hot out.  But once I got out and got going, it came rather nicely.   Easily 10 to 15 degrees hotter than anything I encountered in Tel Aviv, but way more comfortable without all the water in the air.  Enjoyed the first dip in the pool of the year post run.

… had a bit of a rare clarity during the run where I could enjoy the running I was doing in light of understanding that someday I won’t be able to do it this way.  Occasionally and rarely I realize my easy run of today will probably be a very hard effort someday, or maybe something I won’t be able to do at all, in a decade.  Today’s run was not a stellar or an amazing effort, but being able to buzz around my hood in the heat for ten with the last couple coming quicker and easy … well, nice to do it while I can.

2 comments:

  1. How quickly weather goes from too cold to too hot.

    The bike link is great. The hopping upwards thing is what I find physics-defying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will enjoy the heat a bit more. Always fun to smell the smoldering of my insides.

      Delete