Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Wednesday 051414

Off to Tel Aviv this AM, so a quick run before I took off.  5.2 miles, kept the tempo up and rolled into it. 

Good interview with Will Leer over on HOR, including his take on USATF governance, the LA running scene, the beer mile, and racing in Jamaica.

Even he is not as accomplished as he was in 2012, he can write.

DIA seemed to be a bit a mess today – I couldn’t park at the garage as it was full, which is an outcome of the garages being smaller due to the construction.  And the security lines seemed ridiculous:  a lot of folks shouting about getting your liquids out of your bag that probably could have opened another lane or two.  As I was flying United rather than the typical Delta, I did not get a fly through with the TSA Pre check.  Ah, first world problems at their finest.

Finished The Secret Life of Walter Middy and also caught Captain Phillips on the leg to Newark.   I guess the Captain Phillips tale is pretty close to the truth, but I’d have to research that more. 

Good read on our education system from a woman I went to school with nearly two decades ago now. 

1 comment:

  1. Jealous! I'd definitely hit the beach if I were there!

    ReplyDelete