Monday, September 8, 2014

Monday 09814

Watch Tor Des Geants.

One of the coolest cats I have met in the run sport, Schlarb posts on his UTMB run.  It was none too long ago that this dude was running in the AF, on a treadmill in Iraq. 

Justin has (again) a good recap of the weekend action.  He also has a personal recap of the burro race in Victor, where he took second to Jon Vincent (of America’s Got Talent fame, and getting Heidi Klum to kiss a pig). 

Various unrelated photos … A bunch of dead yellow jackets.  Why are they dead?  Yes, I looked up above and there was no nest up there.  They appear to be dead at the entry to an underground nest.IMG_1921
More bugs.  Ants in the dark.
IMG_1935 
A milestone of sorts on the Pumpkin.
IMG_1925
I see burros.
photo 
Nabbed some apples off this tree as I was finishing my run.  Reminded me of running in junior high (yes, it was junior high then, not middle school), when we’d run between Orchard Hill Elementary and Timothy Edwards JHS and hit the orchard as we finished up XC practice.IMG_1927 
10.1 miles with various fartlek type activity thrown in with some sub six, sub five pace.
Today’s listening.

4 comments:

  1. That's always been one of my favorite White Stripes songs. Blows my mind that that album is already 11 years old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tony - fully expecting to sound like the GOM here, but you get so used to that sort of thing and it is a touch less mind blowing. Seeing U2 in 1986 was uh ... way too many years ago.

      FWIW, the jam session in my basement on Friday included this song.

      Delete
  2. West Boulder used to be filled with fruit trees (apple, peach, plum) that you could snag and eat on your runs in the fall. I used to grab an apple on runs up Sanitas and through Chautauqua. Now all of the fruit trees have been landscaped out - bummer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer. I do notice I can smell apples at the base of Gregory, but I have never explored that.

      Delete