Met Bob over on Da’Mesa today and did some work. A bit windy on the mesa today, but we managed a few miles right around six minute pace (59, 07, 57, 59) with about a third of a mile for rest. I was a bit tired in the legs from the efforts a couple of days ago. I will look to get this sort of workout in weekly (as I can) through XC Nats. 10.6 on the day. Talked Pb with Bob of course. Much to learn from that head of his.
The uptick in interest and attempts at Nolans 14 is interesting. For those of you outside the know as to what that is, it is fourteen 14ers (or 14000 foot peaks) in a natural line over about 100 miles. The number of attempts (and successes) this past weekend even got a little “press” (if the internet is such a thing).
You might as well stick the fork in Badwater. I had no desire to do this event but this completely has a smell of government overreaching – of which I am no fan.
I was pretty certain that Abby D was going to come to planet NB out here in Boulder with Emma and Jenny, but she seems to be doing well in Beantown.
Tonight’s Pb reading.
Read that NPS / Death Valley document. What a complete bunch of hooey. A whole group of brain dead idiots got paid probably a full year of salary, healthcare, and pension to formulate a document with ratings and color scales that amount to a pig steaming pile of irrelevant crap. I would have summarized that document in 1 paragraph. It is our land, not theirs. Unsafe practices will result in denial of permits. The end.
ReplyDelete+1.
DeleteThis could have been written in Boulder regarding OSMP land.
+2.
ReplyDeletewith you on the Badwater opinion. Never in my life would I consider it either but it aggravates me no less. I have a hard time reading docs with "this page intentionally left blank" written twice in the first 4-5 pages. and definitions like "Visitor: Visitors and other park users...". Jesus please come back and help us all.
Jesus would not have been allowed to walk in the desert for 40 days if he came back. It would be too hot to give him a permit to do that.
Delete+1
DeleteAnd +1 to the +1 power, which I guess is still +1
DeleteI was working on my Badwater essay last year, but shelved it when I heard the race wouldn't go through DVNP.
ReplyDeleteI imagine that is what the race will continue to do ... of course.
Delete