Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tuesday 092314

Got this from Wes:  Max King competed in the 'Spartan Vermont Beast World Championship' last weekend.  The run course profile is rather sick, particularly when you look at that you are having to drag rocks and sandbags and do over 100 burpees.

Of course, maybe that is really nothing when you instead decide to combo an afternoon of sky-diving, snowboarding, mountain biking, bungee jumping, speed boating and helicopter rides.

I was chatting with a woman at work today.  She is a mountaineer type, and so typical conversation includes what her next adventure is.  She has done all sorts of 8000 meter peaks, etc.  So I ask her what is next and she tells me that this year is different, well most folks don’t know but she is coming through all the procedures she had for breast cancer.  She found a lump in her armpit when climbing and then boom a week later she was in chemo, etc.  Holy crap. 

Working getting an OTC (over the counter) tag for elk hunting this fall.  I have never done that and so it looks to be a learning experience, and will look to the sage wisdom of my father-in-law.  The CDOW big game hunting brochure is more difficult to wade through than federal regulations for medical devices.

Coolest thing I saw on the internet today.

Today’s listening:

13.7 miles, easy to steady in the subdivisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment