I let work win yesterday. Ah, I was feeling a bit tired anyway.
The white stuff blew in today. I got out first in the AM and it was not snowing but it was gray, humid, and ... frozen. It was one of those fog mists that was freezing to everything. I ran with Lucy in the AM to get her worked a bit.
I got out for some longer stuff in the afternoon and it was coming down at a fair pace. And that threw my pace out the window. I thrashed around up into Broomfield's Anthem, trying to figure out where all these trail's are that Lucho keeps talking about on his blog. I found a couple ... will need to keep searching.
This week is a bit of a contrast in how I have handled past weeks. I have been a bit worked up (too much) about some mileage number rather than focusing on the objectives of a week. Certainly, overall weekly mileage, particularly over a long haul, has some degree of importance, but ... I have gotten a bit lost in that. In other words, I think I am going to get something more out of a sixty mile week where I have an 18 mile day than a seventy mile week with all tens (there are lots of examples to consider here). This week has been focused on speed (hence, the sessions earlier this week) (or rather an attempt to begin to get back some speed) and so today I wanted to a bit longer of an effort. While the 12 in the afternoon was hardly anything to write home about, it is a step in building up to two hour road runs and probably longer on the trails.
3 in AM, 24 minutes, 12 in the PM, 92 minutes. All slow. All winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment