Monday, December 10, 2007

Week in review, end of 12092007 week

There are some things going well, and some things going not so well.

First the bad news ... work has been a bit more consuming. Generally, this comes down mental discipline on my part. I'd like to say that is trivial, but it often is not. Work picks up, it takes energy, energy takes time, it then is dark and cold and I wonder if it makes sense for me to go run 10 miles nine o'clock at night.

On this front, I need to be 10x better with the discipline in my diet. When this sort of work pick up happens, I tend to focus less on staying hydrated, eating right, doing core work, stretching, and all the little things that I ought to be doing.

On whole, my mileage and my minutes have dropped (last week was only 57, the week before was 69.5, the week before was 60 with minutes of 432, 539, 453 respectively). The drop reflects a bit of this loss of focus due to work, but also the weather and bit more of the focus on better mileage versus mileage for mileage sake.

The good news is that I did do some good workouts last week. While they were hardly killer, they were steps in the right direction. Getting on the track and doing the 2oos and the 400s for the first time in about half a year, doing secret hills with a long ass warm down afterwards, and some solid runs (rather than the typical easy stuff) in between was progress.

I am going to give the week a B- on whole, a C- on mileage, a D on the little things, a A - on speed efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment