Friday, April 11, 2008

Friday 041108

I packed the bike in the car but then a front in blew in so it was off to the Rec Center for the afternoon.  I decided I wanted to swim first, but when I got to the center, I saw the pool was going to close at 3PM for a HS swim meet.   It was 2:35.  I knew this meant they'd start fishing folks out of the pond at 2:50.  Oh well ... 10 minutes and 500m later I got the "look" and jumped out.

I am taking about a minute per 50 meter lap (2 lengths).  Each length is about 24 strokes for me (both arm count).  I usually only look to the left for each breath, and I take a breath with each stroke.  I watched the swim meet kids and they were taking about the same number of strokes, but were moving a lot faster (of course).  I could use a lot of work to get more efficient here ... but mentally, I'd need to wrap my head around that ... to force it to be a habit.

Onto the stationary bike ... easy spinning (90RPM +) for an hour.  18 for the supposed distance.  I followed this up with about 10 minutes of jump rope, interspersed with some weight machine work.

I realize for a lot of folks they'd not even post this training.  I am doing it to keep track ... and to a certain extent, to keep motivated ... of my cross training.

I jogged one lap on the indoor track.  Same lower ab issues.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment