Saturday, April 26, 2008

I am glad to you are okay ...

There is a phenomena of the blog world that I have yet to find the right words to explain.  Basically it is this:  there are people I have met through blogging that I have never met in person.  Yet I find myself not only interested in what these people are doing, but caring for them.  Even though we have never even talked to each other over the phone, I find a connectedness with them ... as we share a common faith to hard work, sweat, sacrifice, commitment ... Some of these folks were directly / indirectly associated with the fatal shark attack near San Diego on Friday AM.  For some of them, it was quite a near miss.  It is odd ... I'd normally read such a story and think - "wow, shark attack" and move on ... and the story would get lost in the mental debris of all the chaos around us.  But this one rings a bit louder, as there are these virtual people I know who were nearer to it.  My best wishes to all involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment