0455 ... wake up. This is after several false wake ups at 0215, 0320, 0355, 0420 ... get some coffee, get dressed, let dogs out
0520 ... head to Chautauqua. Twelve mile drive.
0545 ... hit the trail. Head up Baseline Trail, then Gregory, then Ranger. Just before the final switchbacks before the four way junction, I catch a guy who is also power hiking but with poles. I get by him but then he decides to ramp up his effort and stays on my heels. When we get to the top, he starts to run down so I let him go. I come down Greenman (icy) back to Ranger to Gregory. 95 minutes. I had decided to power hike again today because I found that yesterday effort left me a bit sore (a good thing and a bad thing) and because my schedule today was not going to really let me bike. I get up in a few ticks under 50, and come down super easy in 44 and change.
0730 ... drive to work from Boulder.
0750 ... get to the office, check up on mail, calendar for day, hit the shower.
0830 to noon I had originally sketched out here what I did most of the day but it was pretty ... well, boring. I don't find it boring to do it, but it is boring to read about it. I go to meetings, follow up on things via email, crunch metrics, check project status, get status to give status to drive status, hound folks, beat feet around the building to check in with development staff, software test staff, tech writers, CM junkies, etc.
We are in a four story building. I refuse to take the elevator. This is just a stupid thing, but I feel that I am obliged to always take the stairs. In fact, if I see someone hop the elevator and I am heading to the stairwell at the same time, I want to get to that floor, location, where ever, before they do ... be it up or down.
... crack me up link of the day ... tip of hat to JK.
1200 ... Lunch ... I eat a wrap with chicken, veggies, feta ... I hide in an unoccupied conference room to get my head down and get some work done.
I get an email from Bernie on his weekend exploits. His finish line picture is epic. Seriously, this was the finish line ...
1300 -1630 ... after I eat, I go to one of our office common areas and continue to work. But as it is a common area, folks come up and discuss things. I purposely try to avoid working in my cube area all the time because of this very phenomena. I have no less than a half dozen different conversations with various team members ... two with company execs, two with testers, etc ... on topics as diverse as quality, the Bolder Boulder, the new building, the state of the current service pack, our software architecture, etc. I continue to bounce around the building ... interacting live (face to face) and virtually (calls, email).
1630 ... in the center stairwell, even though we are a four story building, the stairs go up to the roof. I explore up there to check it out. I do calf raises for a bit, and my exercises for my abs ... if anyone saw me up there, they'd think I am insane but I am out of sight and hence out of mind.
1650 ... wrap up for the day, check out what is queued up for tomorrow. Start thinking of doing another Green trip tomorrow AM. I meet the family in Louisville for some Chinese. We plan to go to a movie, but I botched the times and we totally miss the start of the movie. We head home and retire for the night. By 8PM, we are winding down pretty fast.
I found an other place that JV would love to race ... I ain't doing this one... I can't figure out what the photographer is on other than acid.
No comments:
Post a Comment