Friday, November 28, 2008

Friday 112808 10 miles

1 year of blogging completes today.

76 minutes.  Easy.  10 miles, around my home five mile route

Good post I found on Steve Jones.  I was on a run with Steve once.  We were talking about the days where he was killing it.  I was in high school at about that time and I told him how there was a poster in our locker room in HS of him crossing the line at Chicago, arms overhead, the Beatrice banner breaking across him.

"Damn," he replied with a smile and a wink  "My only wish was that my poster was up in the girls locker room."

Got some cal work in towards the evening:  20 lunges each leg, 40 push ups, 30 crunches, 60 sec plank, 20 supermans, 30 squats, 30 pushups, 60 sec leg lift, 30 sit ups, 40 push ups, 100 raises on the calves, 20 lunges each leg, 30 sit ups ... and then light stretching.

3 comments:

  1. Happy one-year and cool anecdote.

    Keep the good advice coming my way, holmes. I like your "coaching," especially pre-race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt - what do you mean you don't talk like a runner?

    I am trying to piece that out of your last post.

    Hope you had a good T-day.

    April in the Canyon might still be a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried for a while, but my HR said "leave me alone." So I gave-up on that end of things. I'm working on it. It sure doesn't hurt reading Hang Nine.

    2009 motto: keep running. Dude, April sounds so good. I hope that manifests itself.

    ReplyDelete