Met up with
JV this AM in the best city park in the world. It was windy as all heck. Once we got into the lee side of the hills though it was not bad at all. Climbed up Flagstaff out of Chautauaqua, then over to Green and came down the cutoff between the Flatirons. I guesstimate this bugger at 8 miles. 88 minutes.
We (JV and I) are tentatively planning up a trip to the Grand Canyon next week for a Rim to Rim to Rim session (40+ miles). Details are still somewhat in the air. This would put a kink in my 5K plans but the opportunity to do this now is knocking ... so I might just answer. More to come.
Dave's record may fall this year yet...
ReplyDeleteNot from me. I have never run more than high 20 something miles in one shot and so I expect this trip (if we do it) to be mostly an exploration into those lengths.
ReplyDeleteNot from me either, I just want to break 10 hours which I think is within my abilities on the right day.
ReplyDeleteSub 10 would be very solid.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the warning! That sounds epic. I was hoping you were going to say March. . . etc. Do it! Run that monster.
ReplyDeleteTony nearly just did it unsupported. If not for the fact he did well over 100 miles in the same week leading up to it I bet he would have torn it up.
ReplyDeleteI have read a few blogs recently of people that gave it a go. The recurring theme is the last climb back out really gets you. Its when you are well past a marathon, have already done 2 long descents (and an ascent), etc. etc.
So I would make sure you fuel and pace yourselves based on that report.
I'm geeeeeeeee alous already.
rim to rim... 40 miles! That sounds killer. Forget the f'n 5k!
ReplyDelete