Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday 110208 7 miles easy, October in review

7 miles today - easy with KZ next to me on the bike.  I thought about a second run but I confess I was sore from yesterday and I realized I was just chasing miles at this point.  Not for this day ... I was glad to see though that I was not the only one sore from yesterday's effort (based on some blogs I read)

Week was only four runs, Tues 6, Thurs 8, Sat 22, Sun 7 - so 43 on the week.  My shortest week in quite a while.  Not a surprise given the vacation in the mix. 

The good news, of course, is I feel I made something of those runs with three of them being some form of quality or long.

That said, I am very glad to be getting back into my reality, my routine, and mix for the week.

October was weeks of 14 (not including Nov 1 2 on the end of the week), 56, 70, 76, 35 (not including Sept front of the week).  251 miles on the month.

I am actually surprised that it was 250 on the month.  I have often felt that 250 was kind of a minimum month standard for me to pull off.  This goes back to HS where there was a 750 mile summer running club.  In short, you became a member if you could pull off 750 miles between June 1 and August 31.  I never did it (I never really tried) but in part that is because I could not imagine doing nearly 8 miles a day at that point.  Yeah, weak I know. 

In any case, November is off to fair start (29 miles).  I want to continue to drive the rhythm of 80-90 mile weeks, with structure built around three workouts  of a long run, a harder tempo run, and a track workout.  Still going to be focusing on the faster (for me) 5k right now.  I'd like that to be by Thanksgiving but I will pursue it at this point for as long as it takes.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you're back (at it).
    That 4 peak 4 hour jaunt looks great, especially for a "super long run." Recover Monday and track work-out Tuesday. Got it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correct. Not really highly varied when you think about it. Rather boring. But effective.

    ReplyDelete