Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday 051709

  • Sunshine Canyon Hill Climb results are up … I was 18th overall …  http://www.myentryfee.com/results/TextResults/2009results/runressunshine09.txt
  • Because TZ was doing agility with Lucy and Ruby in the AM, and I was a part of JZ's Scout Rocket launch this PM (we must have launched 200+ rockets easy), I did not get out until the evening.  Green Mountain.  Took a long circuitous route up the mountain, enjoying the heat, the mountain, the smell of the winter down pines.  Legs did not feel bad but I had no zip today so went real easy. 
  • Ran with my camelbak.  I kept burping up mouthfuls of the gatorade I was taking (reflux?).  Slow, easy 10 miles with some hiking on the steeper grades.  2:06. 
  • Got to the top of Green and heard this very odd hum … looked up and saw what must have been 10000 gnats in a cloud.  A true swarm. 
  • I have been playing with Sporttraks with the Garmin quite a bit – it is pretty good at working out % grades (very cool) (but nothing crazy new).  For example, the last mile up Bear Canyon to the four way post at Green is 16.9% average.  Shadow Canyon appears to have an average grade of 23+%.  Flagstaff road has an average grade of 8% from Gregory Canyon, but the last two miles are closer to 10%.  Makes me want to post up a bunch of standing posts that just show the profile, grade, mileage, etc.  2700+ of elevation feet on this run tonight.
  • Week in review, stats
    • M – 7e, 55 min
    • T – Flagstaff (43 up), 11 whole, 102 min
    • W – AM – 3e w/ dogs, 25 min; PM – 9 w/strides  67 min
    • R – 8 with 3 mile tempo (18:16), 56m
    • F – 5e, 39m
    • Sa – Sunshine Canyon HC … 17 miles overall 123 min
    • Su – 10 miles, Green, 126
    • 593 minutes on week.  70 miles on week over 9 runs.  173 miles on May, 1401 minutes.  1238 miles on year, 10166 minutes (169.43 hours).

    • Decent week … but feeling that I am riding the training.  One week to Bolder Boulder.  Picked up that number yesterday.  Still feel that averaging sub six would be a stretch on that course for me right now.  Will look to chase a bit of flat stuff this week.  Apparently I got 9000 + of elevation this week … Really the big thing I need to do is get up early and start doing some work in the AM and stop being so damn lazy.  (but I am enjoying the sleep).

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a solid week. You're over two months out; you're in a good place, no?

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice effort at the hill climb, GZ. I "kind of" wish I'd run it, as it was a good show to watch , but I am glad I didnt..too tired from overtraining..

    My pal Travis Macy too the W though..I keep trying to talk him into running the PPM pr PPA..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah - you and Travis were team mates on Team Spyder - right? Everything I have seen Travis do in the endurance world - he seems to do well. Sort of surprised he has not jumped in a few more things.

    Matt - I am exactly where I want to be, need to be, ought to be, have to be, love to be.

    ReplyDelete