Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wednesday 052009

  • This ain’’t right …Steve Larsen, 39, well established athlete and dead of a heart attack.
  • Awesome video posted by JJ of some historic Mount Washington races.  Locals will enjoy the footage of Scott Elliott and Jay Johnson.
  • The Kara Goucher lead in to this video is rather funny  (first 2 minutes).
  • PM – 10 miles with 16 x 200 strides with plenty of rest.  200s were 35-37 on 200 rest.  76 minutes.  Felt kind of blah physically but pretty charged mentally.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry - corrected. I am an idiot. Was thinking about two things at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm depressed. What an athlete, 39, and heart attack??? Life is a crap shoot. Period.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was floored when I read this story this morning...very sad indeed. A couple of highlights from my encounters with Steve.. Getting lapped by him on the run at IMF then getting to talk to him for about 5 minutes post morning about his race. Very, very nice guy. I had to open my mouth and brag about my bike split (4:53), so I asked him what his was... He smoked me by half an hour.. I was humbled to say the least!

    ReplyDelete