- AM – 7 miles. Had contemplated getting out and doing something hard this AM, but my stomach was not cooperating from the beginning of this run. Ran out around Broomfield Commons, used the facilities and started feeling a lot better. 52 minutes.
- Made a few tweaks to the blog ... including trying to add a search engine. I think for this to work though I needed to enable Google search on this blog. I have not done that to date, simply because I don't want Google trolling my blog. Not that it is really different since they host the blog. Just have not been a fan of having my name appear in a bunch of results. We'll try this for a bit though.
- I got the itch to do a bit of Pikes prognosticating this AM ... and noticed that I
had not drilled through the entry lists that much this year (at least compared to last year). And, I don't feel highly compelled to. I guess I am enjoying doing my training, getting where I can, seeing what Mackey is d oing for WS100, etc. But nonetheless, I owe some predictions soon as we are now under 90 days.
- We have had some good old fashioned heat here the last two days. But it ain’t bad. It’s a dry heat. I can deal with 90 and dry … its rather nice. Much nicer than 70 and 90 percent humidity like back east.
- Bolder Boulder … less than a week away. In past years I focused on this parade, while also abhorring it (getting up for a 7AM race to run with 45000 people ain’ the way I like to do it). The competition was rich, the race was what you were in terms of running for the rest of the year. I ran 34:12 there one year and have tried on several occasions since to go back and break 34 (something I hav
e only done once in any 10k, with a PR of 33:49 at altitude) – but came up short (usually by alot). I don’t expect to dance with sub 34 this year, and will take
a shot at getting under 37. This will be, I think, a bit of a challenge for me considering where I am at in my development at the moment. Nonetheless, I will make the best go I can of it, and put myself into the hurt locker as much as I can on Folsom.
- mid day. Got out with Ken, Dave and Phil at work. Lots of shooting the crap, including about how Ken decided to do Mount Washington one year for fun. Ken threw out a challenge for the last mile of this run, saying he was going to run this hard occasionally to keep things honest. I was not up for a mile throw down after 11+ in my legs for the day but no way was I going to puss out. Plus, I had thought I’d go hard today, but I just had not felt up for it … so this was an odd reconciliation of sorts. He gapped me by about 5 yards after the first 200 but then we kept it pretty even. However over the last quarter, I faded badly and he picked it up nicely. The mile was in 5:32. Nothing to write home or blog about but it was fun. It is exactly the sort of stuff I need – just goofing off and trying to run fast off of a decent amount of miles 6 miles on the run, 45 minutes.
- I ended up discussing this video from Sesame Street tonight. For some odd reason, I remember this very well.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Tuesday 051909
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Damn, is it really 90 degrees down there? It's 72 degrees here.
ReplyDeletewell, it got to 87 but is cooling off now that the clouds are rolling in.
ReplyDelete