Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tuesday 050509

  • Around 9PM, I have aspirations to get up at 0530 the next AM, and bang out four to seven miles.  But then I sleep.  Sleep is a good thing – right?  I have been sleeping hard as of late:  hitting the rack at 2100, reading for about 20-30 minutes, lights out at 2130 and then not waking until 0630 or 0700.  In years past, I have needed only about 8 hours … the body has been calling for closer to nine.  Heck I think I’d go for ten but I wake up because I need to pee.  In any case, I am going to have to get up early one of these days this week to get the obligatory run up Flag road in.
  • Forgot to mention I got the brew bottled last night.
  • Got out mid day with Phil.  After a short warm up, we did 5 x 3 minutes on Simms hill.  These were each a touch over 4/10's of a mile (~.42-3), gaining approximately 150 feet of vert on each (so about 6 or 7% grade).  Not Lindens ... but did the trick in a pinch – and again, trying to establish the habits.  Added on afterwards to make it 10, in about 75 minutes.  Still hacking, clearing, snotting …
    image

3 comments:

  1. coming off being sick sleep is definitely a good thing. get it while you can.

    there is NOTHING better for recovery than solid sleep... at least in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm going to blog a manifesto soon which has been inspired by my training and reading some of your ramblings.

    Keep it up dude. I can see you're starting to get dialed-in for the PTP (push to pikes)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to the manifesto. But now ... I will sleep.

    ReplyDelete