Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday 052409

  • 3 miles easy.  24 minutes.  Legs still feeling pretty heavy.  Hopefully it lifts by tomorrow.
  • Saw my first snake of the season on the Lake Link Trail.  I think I still batting a 1000 with snakes.  I see a snake on the trail while running and inevitably, I shout something out verbally.  Gets me every time.
  • Week in review, stats

    • M – 6 miles w/ strides 45m; 4 miles 28 min
    • T – 7 miles, 52 min; 6 miles 45 min
    • W – 10 miles w/16 x 200; 76 min
    • R – 6 miles with 3 tempo(17:54), 41 min; 6 miles mill, 41 minutes
    • F – 10 miles Flatirons Vista, 90 minutes
    • Sa – 8 miles, 64 min
    • Su –  3 miles, 24 min
    • 506 minutes on week.  66 miles on week over 10 runs.  239 miles on May, 1907 minutes.  1304 miles on year, 10672 minutes (177.86 hours).

    • The week started strong and felt solid but it was rough going by the end.  Maybe I overdid it a bit on the front end with the 200s backed up to the tempo run day?  On Thursday a voice in my head was telling me that I probably ought to swing a day off for best results on Monday, but I ignored it.  I felt it as I felt thrashed in the legs on Sa/Sun.  No worries … those of you smelling blood, good.  That means you are close enough to smell it.  And if you are that close, I like my odds.   ;) 
    • Next week … BB tomorrow, a couple of days of recovery, TT on Green on Thursday, and a long run in the mountains next weekend (maybe at altitude!)

2 comments:

  1. Have fun tomorrow! Paley and I will be manning a high-five station at 5 1/2 miles. Swing by and get one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scream like a woman. At least that is what a "friend" of mine does. He hates snacks. Big or small. Doesn't matter. They are killing machines.

    ReplyDelete