Great write up of the USATF Trail Marathon by DoubleJ. Max King’s performance is pretty damn impressive – given he came off NY the week before. JJ’s report has me seriously considering this for next year. Rogue Valley Runners write up …
Roger Clyne show from the Black Sheep in the Springs (hope they post the Gothic show)
Got confirmation of my tix to KY. Got my USATF membership. Just need to circle us up on the team thing.
Lots of various blog chatter about Geoff Roes at MM50. Geoff seems to be the lead candidate for Ultra Runner of the Year (if there is such an award) given the number of wins, records and head to head battles he has won. If he did rip a 5:25 at the end … wow.
Spring trip for R2R2R?
A blurry pic from yesterday’s run:
I have looked at the results and I confess, I feel stupid … I think I came in like 40th in the handicap.
No GPS today, so went on known routes. 5 miles with TC at work and then added on another six (all around what we call the Johnson Loop at work). Real easy – 8:30 pace. 94 minutes. Left calf was a bit tight from yesterday but other than that, everything felt good.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Monday 110909
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the plug my friend :)
ReplyDeleteSeems to me that if they're gonna designate a course as a USATF 'trail marathon' they need a little more than the 2 or 3 miles of singletrack that Lithia offers. But then I guess it depends what your definition of trail is.
ReplyDeleteWhatever the footing, a 2:40 with 4,700' of climb is stout, stout, stout.
Think it's between Geoff and Karl for ultraguy of the year.
ReplyDeleteHitting the Grand Canyon in mid May. Ending at the Bright Angel Lounge.
On GR - undisputed UROY (which is an end-of-year vote by an unnamed group of people for Ultrarunning magazine).
ReplyDeleteKarl M has had a great year in the 100-mile cat, but nothing to show in shorter races. Geoff seems to have rocked every course he has run (and finished) this year, besting CRs set by Kyle Skaggs (Wasatch100), Dave Mackey (MMR50) and Meltzer (Bear100) along the way, in addition to setting a CR at HURT in Jan. He also beat a long-standing CR at some non-UR (3hr) race in AK that I've never heard of.
Kyle Skaggs set the ball rolling at Hardrock two years ago and now Geoff is maintaining the momentum: Ultrarunning is a different sport at the 'elite' end than it was five years ago (in the male division). Yet to see similar demolition jobs on course records among the younger generation of female ultra runners - maybe I'm just not paying attention?
Brownie - might join you if you've got a spare seat and timing works. One way or another I'm getting down there next year.
On the women's side, it's definitely Kami Semick as UROY with her two world wins.
ReplyDeleteEven if Anita wins NF50, this one is locked up.