Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday 112309

New Balance’s new ad, with several familiar names from the sport.

Jay Johnson with some core stuff

10 miles, easy.  AHR = 143.  MHR = 151 (didn’t look at HR data at all during the run).  I had aspirations going into this run.  I thought I’d get in some good effort, and good miles.  As the run unfolded however, I knew the mind was willing but the body was not there.  I just felt sluggish.  I kept pushing out when I would start a hard effort, in hopes that I’d get through it but instead I just rode the easy miles.

Now, I am not sure if I will run hard before Thursday.  I’d like to get in another effort as I build to December 12, but such an effort tomorrow would have adverse effects on a race on Thursday.  I’d like to “masters” PR for the 5k Thanksgiving AM – which technically is not hard since I have only run one 5k since becoming a master and that was a self imposed DQ.

2 comments:

  1. Killer ad, makes me want to go tear it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to come over here from Lucho's blog and give you props for figuring out WTFCYDTTTS.

    Unbelievable!

    The word verification for this post was 'glitypom'. On first glance I thought it said glity porn.

    ReplyDelete