Not sure on that Matt. 10 miles is sort of the standard, easy run for me. A few years ago, it was probably 7 or 8 miles - and then 10 miles was a bit more. 12 was long. In fact, I used to bitch at Tim G when he'd make me go that long. It was not enough to knock me out, it just took some thought / preparation. That longish run is probably nearer to 16-17 now.
I sort have built in the threshold to get 75-90 minutes in a day with my schedule right now. It is a matter of bumping that up a bit more.
I'd like to think I could bang that sort of stuff out for the rest of the year, but once I get back from Nats, I will be off for the rest of the calendar year (vacation). It is actually harder for me to run on vacation days ... other stuff comes up. Make sense?
Nice.
ReplyDeleteAfter the race, can you, for the sake of your readership and your yearly mileage goal, put on a mileage accumulation demonstration?
ReplyDeleteDoubles during the week, long runs on the weekend. You can do it!
Not sure on that Matt. 10 miles is sort of the standard, easy run for me. A few years ago, it was probably 7 or 8 miles - and then 10 miles was a bit more. 12 was long. In fact, I used to bitch at Tim G when he'd make me go that long. It was not enough to knock me out, it just took some thought / preparation. That longish run is probably nearer to 16-17 now.
ReplyDeleteI sort have built in the threshold to get 75-90 minutes in a day with my schedule right now. It is a matter of bumping that up a bit more.
I'd like to think I could bang that sort of stuff out for the rest of the year, but once I get back from Nats, I will be off for the rest of the calendar year (vacation). It is actually harder for me to run on vacation days ... other stuff comes up. Make sense?
Dang, nice vacation. Going anywhere?
ReplyDeleteWhat happened to the pups?
We placed the female. We might have a home for one of the males here shortly and will probably keep one of them.
ReplyDeleteYeah - I have a good vacation set up for the rest of the year. This Friday and all of next week off. Friday the fourth off, and then from the 11th on
We will probably hit the mountains ... do some skiing. Chill with the family. What about you?
Inaugural Thanksgiving turkey trot here in Arvada, then eat with friends.
ReplyDeleteHome for Xmas. Saving as much vacation time as I can to carry 2 days over.
New Year's in Vegas...tempting, but no.