Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday 111609

Meb interview (podcast) (or you can follow Meb on twitter).  Listened to this during my workout today.  The roads had cleared enough to run outside, but I went to the mill to get some turnover on something measured versus fighting the snow.  Did two miles to warm up (8:41, 8:11 – tried to keep the warm up real real real easy), and then did 4 minutes on, 2 minutes off.  I started these fairly conservatively because while I was ready mentally to get after it, I had a bit of hesitation over my left calf.  It held well.   In the four minutes, I would up the pace every 80 seconds, and so it made for “thirds” in the repeat.    Started the first at 10 mph (6 min / mile) and so would up it at 1:20 to 10.1, and then at 2:40 to 10.2.  I would then start the next one at 10.1 and repeat the routine.  Did seven of the 4 on 2 off – with all the 2s being at 6mph (10 min/mile).  The miles hence came out as  6:44, 6:39, 6:35, 6:31, 6:27, 6:24.  Warmed down with just under 2 miles (8:38, 8:12) for 10 miles in 73 minutes.   Felt that I did not work too hard in this workout – because of the conservative calf approach.  We’ll see how it reacts through the rest of the day.

Mackey posts about a trip to Peru, that sounds pretty scary. 

Irunfar hits on the road and trail cross over.

Another blog I am following …

3 comments:

  1. Old school lay-out, nice. Where's that pic of the feet? But I see you working. . . whatever is on the horizon aka goal, GZ's got that bumping on his header photo.

    Smoke that grass you crazed 40 something runner dude.

    Btw, what happened to footfeathers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sort of got sick of the old format and decided on a whim to go simple. I had aspirations for doing a lot more (like on some blogs) but I really don't have time for that.

    The toes (all nine of them) weirded some folks out. I like Alan C so I am enjoying him getting some props in what was a great race. In that race when he zoomed by me, I heard the roar of the crowd for him before I ever heard him. In fact, I never heard him - just the crowd.

    Footfeathers is still banging away at it I am sure. Just doing his thing. He will be back at it soon.

    The goal for Club XC is still sub 30 ... which is sort of slow compared to where I once was, but it is realistic for where I currently am.

    Glad to see you getting serious about it - and the fuel - diet thing. I think I read somewhere we ought to all treat our food not as food ... but as a drug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's actually one of the thoughts I kept having on that little strict detox diet last week that spawned my awakening. "The food is medicine." I know that sounds cheesy but the Zico coconut water, for instance, was like this f-ing elixir, after a run, can't eat, oh wait 5 pumpkin seeds, but then that juice would bring me back to life. The smoothies, the oatmeal, the salads the f-ing dressings. It all started to add-up and the body just kept saying, nice.

    I'm fired up on it.

    I'm also totally losing my mind right now from reading a SHIT load of freshman comp. They can't read, nor can they write -- granted without the first part they're f-ed and anyways ;aljfljadsf;lajlldlajd;

    SUB 30!

    ReplyDelete