Kudos to Lucho winning his debut 50 miler.
JFK 50 this weekend as well
Up at altitude today – and I felt it. The combination of being up here and running harder yesterday – umm, yeah, these legs were gummy. Took it easy – which means SLOW under these conditions. 7 miles.
578 minutes on the week, 72 miles. Lowest week I have had in terms of time and mileage in a bit, but okay with that as intensity has picked up. Had 3 fair workouts with the miles on Friday, the 15 x minute on minute off on Wednesday and 7 x 4 minutes on Monday. I’d like to say that I am confident that sub six minute miles for sea level for a 10k should be a no brainer, but the workouts don’t show that yet. And that is fine. It is just where I am and I need to follow the path as it comes.
Again, I don’t see myself running off to do a lot of mountain runs right now. While that stuff is really enjoyable, I feel for me to be more effective there (in races), I need to get back some turnover and ability to function well at faster paces.
November is 236 miles, 1187 minutes. 3285 miles on the year, 28977 minutes. It is the 326th day of the year so there are 39 days left in the year. To average 10 a day for the year, I need to get 365 miles. Still a stretch goal …
Some pix …
Interview with Barringer before her last run as a Buff.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Sunday 112209
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just do some short hill/flat sprints up there. Plus such harder efforts might help you burn-off some of that Broncos-fan frustration!
ReplyDeleteI hear that MROY and UROY votes have came down - Erholtz, Gray, Semick, and Roes.
ReplyDeleteWhere you hearing that?
ReplyDeletebtw, is that your x-mas pic? Good lookin' family, home-slice.
ReplyDeleteGo Chargers!
Not to call her a horse, but straight from the horse's mouth.
ReplyDeleteMatt - I think our Xmas shot will probably include the pups. I blame the mother for the good looking part of the family.
ReplyDeleteGo Matt. Go GZ. Go JW. Go Lucho. Go JV. Go Footfeathers. Go JP. You get the idea.