- Some good reading ...
- Benji Durden write up.
- Another R2R2R write up that tempts me all the more ... and oh yeah ... another one.
- The recent posts by Matt Fitzgerald often make me feel like he is stalking me or Lucho. The best I can do is remind myself what I would tell an athlete I was coaching who was in my current situation: “Don’t worry, you’ll be fine.” And I would mean it. But it’s different when the worried athlete is you.
- Running longevity, because I want to, at least now, line up at PPM when I am 90
- Did a test run today. The Achilles did not feel great but I could not tell if that was just me over-analyzing the situation. It did not feel bad either. Just not totally free of crud. I decided to keep it easy and short and see how I responded the rest of the day - that would serve as a better indicator than anything. Easy four miles (29 min), followed with a good set of core. I was tempted to push longer but decided I need to not succumb to a mental weakness of wanting get 8 days off with a monster day ... I need to baby this back.
- All this made me think ... I am REALLY tempted at this point to go to do R2R2R with the boyz next month. Honestly, that might not be the smartest thing for me in terms of overall prep for the summer - but I feel this need to do this while I can and while the spirit moves me. But overriding that is an understanding that I need to get my feet back under me before making such rash decisions.
- Iced afterwards.
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Saturday 032809 4 miles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome home. Great posts on the trip and the header image, well, eat your heart out, Jog Hard.
ReplyDeleteGreat post here, especially the longevity link. That guy's site is ridiculous. I guess a Carpenter profile coming soon ...
BTW, i'm loving the Oskar Blues beers. I love the can and love the brew, seriously.
I can't wait to make it out to CO.
What's your take on a '09 R2R2R?
Great pic! ...and the neighbors try not to look! Thought I saw you pulling out of King Soops coming back from a run.
ReplyDeleteProbably was me... we needed to get some produce since we got home.
ReplyDeleteMatt - I want to do R2r2R ... but I am still not sure when.