Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday 030509 10 miles

  • We went to the local middle school musical of "Willy Wonka" last night.  It was good but the sitting in a tight seat did not do much to help the tightness in my calves.  I woke this AM and my lawn mower Achilles was pretty pissed.  All I can say is "never put your foot in a lawn mower."  I have been dealing with this Achilles thing nearly all my life so I am fairly used to it.
  • My running today was several short, easy slow jogs to recover, and to loosen up the Achilles.  I did some real easy jogging with Lucy in the AM, some easy running with Phil in the wind (I had dirt embedded into my face) mid day.  Late afternoon out for another wee bit ... all of these were jogs, summing to a bit more than 10 miles over 82 minutes.  The tendon was pretty ticked off at the start of the day but by the end had cleared up nicely.
  • Side note ... in the cafe-torium last night there were several "Got Milk?" posters up on the wall.  Real big ones. I found it comical that one of the "Got Milk" posters had A-Rod as its character.  Next to him was a poster of "no drugs in our schools."   Love it.

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about your running today. How you used to do so many doubles and now you do so many singles. So I go and check your blog and sure enough you throw in a triple. Good Stuff!

    ReplyDelete