- The Achilles remains problematic. I should have just taken a couple of days off ... but I didn't. I was feeling pretty good yesterday and the weather was awesome. I was actually feeling pretty stoked Friday night because it seemed to have subsided from injury to "ache and pain" (the difference is a post unto itself, and defined via Jason Hickman). So I got out ... but after a couple miles, it turned south (see the "Two Mile Rule" from Again To Carthage). I started doing that hitch to my step that just throws everything off. So suddenly, I go from doing 7 minute miles comfortably to working to do 8 minute miles because I am running like I have one leg. And essentially I do because the left one has no push.
- I often say I am slow on the uptake. I don't say this to be self deprecating. No, I really believe it. I miss out on the subtleties people try to present. Hell, I miss out on direct messages my body gives me. I was not going to run today, but JZ had hit the movie theatre with a buddy, TZ and KZ
were off doing a function with the Girl Scouts. And it was gorgeous. Umm - here I come Green Mountain. Again, I was fine for the first 20 minutes or so and then the wear of the running just broke down any strength around the Achilles. Ended up hiking a good portion of the up (49:xx) and in the one legged hitch down (35:xx). Of course, the effort upstairs was easy ...
- Oh yes ... the Garmin. I have not run the "classic" Green route since I got my Garmin for the holidays. 5.83 miles. A bit short of the guesstimated seven miles I have had out there for the last couple of years.
- So on whole the week was a setback of sorts because of the Achilles AND my stupidity in not just letting it heal after mucking it on Saturday.
- 54 miles on the week, 522 minutes this week (not counting the bike) , ... Month 140 miles, month 1056 minutes; Year 738 miles, 5463 minutes
- M - 12 miles (2 runs, 5 and 7), 93 minutes
- T - 5 miles, high incline, 73 min
- W - 11 miles, with various inclines, 102 min
- Th - 11 miles, 90 minutes
- F - 3 miles, high incline, 40 minutes (followed by 60 min by stat bike)
- Sa - 5 miles, 38 min
- Su - Green, 6 miles, 86 min
- 54 miles on the week, 522 minutes this week (not counting the bike) , ... Month 140 miles, month 1056 minutes; Year 738 miles, 5463 minutes
- I just need to get this thing right and take some time off from running. So, I am slow ... but think I get this stuff eventually. I might hit the stat bike as that seemed to give me a nice workout without stressing the bugger at all.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Weekend 0314-1509
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't know - I'd just go see somebody about it...Plattjes, some other PT, a chiro, stride doctor, something. I'd think Plattjes could hook you up with orthotics in one shoe at least to even out your stride to account for the one toe.
ReplyDeleteget some traumeel... the topical ge/cream and the oral inflammatory... and ice... and wear compression socks... do whatever it takes and get healthy!
ReplyDeleteSorry about the injury. It's a tough pill but it is just running. I know it's originating from an accident (trust me, with six screws and a metal plate in my ankle, I know what it's like) but I agree that you should see someone for pt. I'm thinking a chiropractor who's certified in hot laser to speed the healing. In the mean time, I'd be happy to hit the bikes on some climbs with you, say, repeats up flagstaff???
ReplyDeleteFeel the love. . .
ReplyDeleteTake FF up on his offer to bike.
Or hike.
I have started taking some glucosomine chondrotine ... I am not sure if this is "snake oil" but vets have been giving it to animals for years.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the kind words all. Footfeatherfetish - how did you get the screws in your foot? We need to compare scars bro!
Doing a standing back flip I landed on one foot with my foot slightly turned outward. The impact of my lard ass body weight coming down twisted the foot 180 degrees. It'd be like taking spaghetti out of the box and twisting it into two pieces. The thought of the sound it made still makes me nauseous. Damn thing hurts like a mother sometimes still and it happened 21 years ago.
ReplyDeleteYou can see and feel the screw heads sticking up on my ankle. yummy.
I don't want to see yours the thought of the mower gives me chills.
Tim ... it ain't too bad actually ... a good amount of scar tissue but no screws ... http://georgezack.blogspot.com/2008/09/ick.html
ReplyDelete