Monday, May 20, 2013

Monday 052013

Eyeballing the Cork race calendar for stuff next week.  Looks like the John Buckley 5k might be my best bet as it is Tuesday night and within jogging distance of the hotel.

JZ could not resist the sand piling up in the back.
IMG_0704

I got it all moved today.  Next I will secure the timbers.  Going to drill some holes and spike some rebar in once I am sure where I want them.

IMG_0706

This is about an 18’x18’ area.  I might need more sand though.  :(

Afternoon – with the Lucy dog in the rain. 6.9 miles.  No soreness but a bit tired in the legs.

Evening – after a Scout planning meeting got out.  Always fun to jog at sunset.  Cooler, feels like you are moving faster than you are, street lights go on and off for no apparent reason.  And then there are frogs. 

IMG_0708

4.3 miles easy.  Felt a lot better than the earlier run and was quicker with lesser effort.

2 comments:

  1. Get at the John Buckely 5k! Truly a great race. The BHAA events always deliver. Pretty fast field i'd say.

    How long are you in Ireland? You should try to get a slot in the Glasnamullen or Wicklow Way IMRA races on the way back from Cork.

    Have fun in the People's Republic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in Cork for the week. I won't have a car (and I am not sure how well I'd do on the other side of the road anyway). That route along the river down and out (I think that is a rail to trail conversion) is great. I took it out to Dock Terrace from downtown last year and it was a great run.

      Delete