Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday 050513

13 miles along the Little Dry Creek Trail and Rainbow Trail in Arvada (KZ had a class down there).   Not really trails but I’d cry a river of happiness for this stuff if I lived back east in an urban/suburban setting.

86 on the week, just over 11 hours, but low on the vertical (2115 – not even a single Green climb over the whole week).

Biggest week of the year so far, but not by a ton. 

4 comments:

  1. "Not really trails but I’d cry a river of happiness for this stuff if I lived back east in an urban/suburban setting."
    We get so snobby here but I try to remind myself of this, too (esp. putting in time on the Sand Creek Trail in Aurora).
    Cuz you know what sucks more? The balance of living and running almost anywhere else in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get reminders nearly every time I travel to the inner coastal cities (you do get some semblance of trail on the coast, as they typically parallel the water). There are trails there but they are certainly farther away (think AT). That is changing in some places (rails to trails in some parts of Pitt are great) but it is not nearly the interconnected network we have created in this area.

      Delete
  2. Hey GZ - you doing BTMR this year? Sign up opened this morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Craig - seriously thinking about it. Need to double check with the croo tonight if that is a good weekend to do that.

      Delete