Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunday 051913

Was supposed to get in a long run with an emphasis on vertical today.  Short story, it did not happen.

I could not get myself out of the bed super early to do this – I was too spent from getting to bed late Friday (Rox game with the family) and then up early Saturday AM (4 AM).  I needed the sleep and so I elected to go with that.  Once I rolled out at 6:30 this AM, it was time to get to on it … it being stuff other than running.  First, KZ was confirmed at her church today, so that was a significant event.

IMG_4284

We had a little get together with friends and family post.  Once that cleared out, I continued work on the pool project.  Leveling has begun.

IMG_0699IMG_0700

I moved probably half the pile today.  I figured it was a better use of my time to move dirt while the sun was high.  This was after about 15 wheelbarrow fulls … I got maybe another 25 down.  Lots to be done still.
IMG_0702

Once the clouds rolled in later in the afternoon, I went with the cooler temps to get some miles in.   I decided that rather than cut in to my available time and head to the mountains, I’d make the most of what I could close.  20.2 miles.  I tried to get some vert by going around a local hill loop in my area (uh, like a 1.5 mile loop a bunch of times), but it hardly adds up.  1600 something feet (it felt like more!).  Phhfft.  Not the workout that was prescribed, but a long run of some regard I guess.  I guess the good news is that I was not thrashed from the 20, felt the workout come to me, and was surprised to some low 7s on some of the running late in the run with a 14x heart rate.  Kept up on the nutrition and hydration by taking in about 30-40g of CHO an hour (I set up a little aid station on the front porch that I would periodically hit).

82 on the week.  14 hours (!) (the 2.5 yesterday and near 2.75 today helped move the numbers quite a bit).

A 12 year old did a 100 miler?  WTF?

No comments:

Post a Comment