Saturday, May 18, 2013

Saturday 051813

Joined JV for a lap on Green.  We started at 5, and hoped to catch up to Homie.  He had started doing laps on Green at midnight, doing work that would emulate the ton of vertical and a lack of sleep that he’d see at Hardrock.  We caught him as he was coming down off his fourth summit of the day and towards the bottom of the last set of stairs on Greenman.  JV and I kept on, tagged the summit and then came back down ASG but did not catch him (I was moving really slow on the rock this AM).  Just above the Gregory lot, we did connect with him and Eric Lee.  JV headed home and I headed up with John to the Greenman cutoff.  He I cut back down to Flagstaff Road and with 3500+ vert in my legs I looked to push the down.  I was able to average below six for the run back to the park, but I felt fairly fried.  10.3 miles.  33rd Green of the year.

image

Never felt great on this run, and was hiking most of the up stuff today.  I really had no legs, but guess I got something out it in mustering a push on the down.

Some stuff about Strava is really funny.  This month’s contest, the “May Massive” has the leader slightly ahead of the “competition.”

image

2 comments:

  1. >"We started at 5" -- I didn't even know clocks had that number on them for the morning hours. Oh yeah, I see it... right next to the 6, which I see sometimes when I wake up too early.

    Strava -- I give up then, I'm coasting the rest of the month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That name does not appear on the top of the board today for what it is worth.

      I paid for the early rising on Saturday come Sunday.

      Delete