Inspired that he shared how he voted, here is mine: I voted against the near 1 billion tax increase proposed in Amendment 66, against the taxing of pot, for allowing Broomfield residents to keep chickens on their property, and against a referendum preventing fracking.
Today’s readings: I have been in software long enough that when I heard the “tech surge” term dujour in regards to the recent healthcare.gov approach is ridiculous. In 1983, 267 US men broke 2:20 in the marathon. That is still just a wow statistic to me. Along that line, check out this great post on Kajelin’s, Ritz and Hall by Reavis. Interesting read on “decision fatigue'” and how it plays into dietary choices. Oh yeah, I am sure there will be quite a buzz about the new WS standards.
I have yet to finish “The Sports Gene” and also sitting on the shelf is Noakes “Waterlogged.” I am stuck on working through some fiction (book four in “Game of Thrones” which I get five pages through every night before passing out … at 700 pages a book I should finish it before the kids go to college) and “Fundamentals of US Regulatory Affairs” (I am pretty solid on the device side but the drug stuff is not my wheelhouse … yet). Part of what I looking forward to with “Waterlogged” is the discussion on cramping.
Mid day, hiked around the Flatirons out of Chautauqua with TZ.
I am pretty sure they are still up there.
Washout along the road leading out of Chautauqua.
This used to be a little trickle of water where a bridge went across.
My guide …
The beard project is progressing but that gray is growing in color.
Your government in Boulder hard at work protecting you from dangerous trails
We skirted around the base of the Flatirons, including a section near the Flatironette that I had not really explored before.
Afternoon – I had a short window before I needed to get JZ off to soccer. I did a mile and a quarter warm up, then did a mile at 5k effort (5:30, slightly downhill to promote turnover) and then jogged over to the BHS track. Did 6 x 200 meters on, 200 meter walk jog. 36, 35, 35, 35, 35, 34. Then jogged home (5.3). JZ off to soccer and then did a very easy 5 miles over on the Big Dry Creek.
My votes would be the same as yours, but unfortunately I don't get to vote on chickens or fracking.
ReplyDeleteNice hike.
Now that I've seen a few photos after the flood, I'm beginning to think that what we know as "mountains" are really nothing but big piles of rocks.
My neighbor has chickens and my almost 3 year old LOVES them. Looks at those little fockers all day. No clue if they're legal in Denver though.
ReplyDelete