Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wednesday 103013

More trails, including access to the typical Boulder Peaks opened yesterday.

He still looks fit.

Part of the reason why I think OSU is still the team to beat at Nats.

150 pages on …. tada!  Cross country course design.

So Hardrock is changing its qualifying entry racehttp://hardrock100.com/hardrock-qualify.phps, including dropping (and taking a crack at) LT100 as well as Western.  Sure to ruffle some feathers.

10.3 miles in the afternoon.  Cool humid afternoon.  All easy, a bunch with Tar and DB at work. 

October is looking to become my lightest month on the year in terms of volume as measured by minutes and vertical.  Fine with that as it is mostly by design, flatter and faster running.

I am a bit tired of some of Phil’s stuff, but I see the broader validity in it.  So, I feel obliged to read his article on “why you are not getting faster” …

9 comments:

  1. Some feathers ruffled for sure. Nothing but cheers coming from Idaho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and of races that are qualifiers, if I were desire one, IMTUF would be where I'd want to go.

      Delete
  2. I like the changes. I like thumbing their nose at Leadville. As someone who ran in Massanutten the spring, I can tell you that that race was much too easy to be compared to hard rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think the HR decision ruffles any feathers. Seems like everyone is for the decision and against Leadville. After all, we love to pile on, engage in group think and kick others while they're down.

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wyatt, has Leadville to date ever answered or addressed anybody's questions or concerns?

      I think you are completely and unfairly classifying Leadville. 'piling on and kicking others while they're down'. That makes it sound like the RD died or the Forest Service shut down part of the course or something. They suffered no misfortune.

      Delete
  4. Brett, I agree that the race has done a bad job responding to the situation and getting ahead of things. As a PR professional, I see so many things that are wrong with this situation. A good strategy might have helped prevent much of what we're now seeing with the marginalization of a great race. That said, the piling on needs to stop. Shame on Hardrock for its public humiliation of Leadville. There are issues with that race that few people really understand.

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's exactly my point. If tons of people who care are trying and have been trying to help, but they won't even respond to messages...then they are not being shamed - they don't care.

      Delete
  5. Runners are being punished, though. That's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you figure? Everyone's finish still counts.

      Delete