Friday, July 24, 2015

Friday 24JUL2015

Jerker responds to the Baxter State Park citations they issued him.

I will admit it:  the magnitude of what I am looking to accomplish this summer has invoked a healthy dose of fear in me. 

Many times I feel incredibly lucky that I have had the opportunity to do these events in the mountains of Colorado.  Just getting this far with burro racing, doing Pikes as many times as I have and being healthy enough at current that I feel I will make the line of Leadville has been an incredible trip.  I have run in mountains, on beaches, on boats, in other countries, with friends, family, animals … it has been an awesome year of preparation.  I now hope that I am able to execute, particularly at Leadville in a fashion that I and my family and friends can be proud of.

Brother Lucho is at it.

Rainy day in Fairplay.  Got the dogs out for some, and then headed in to town and back to check on the fam at the Sheriff auction (cars, guns).  Checked out the first (if we run it as such, we have not the last 2 years)/ last part of the course.  In some regards, it is some of the most ridiculous stuff … the reeds for about 80 yards are pretty nasty.  10.1 miles.


5 comments:

  1. I'm doing two hard races back to back (one weekend recovery in between) and I'm pretty scared about the second race right now. Pikes and then Leadville with only one week - yikes! Respect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter - let's save such respect until I get it done.

      Delete
  2. Damn runners and their drinking after running 2,000 miles.
    robejohn@verizon.net is a good way to reach me about a get together when I get to CO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob - wow. I guess your name is actually Bob Johnson. I thought maybe it was a pseudonym for the net. Cool. georgezack over at the gmail thing for me.

      Delete
    2. On top of that my middle name is George.

      Delete