AM – over to the HS with the crumb grabbers for some jogging. The front boys get out quick – rolling up to a 7:00 pace without thinking about it. This is not what I really want first thing in the morning, but I realize it is a good “wake up” call. 8.3 miles.
Roche does a nice little write up on supplemental exercises to running.
A week away (ish) from HR. I’d love to be down there watching because the San Juans are so abnormally beautiful. And the insanity of this event makes other mountain races seem junior varsity. But I will be on the other side of the planet.
If you are following Jerker on FB with his AT FKT attempt … well, let’s say you can see the effort he is putting in.
There is also a CO 14er record attempt going on by Andrew Hamilton.
Today’s listening … it is making the rounds but it is good.
Okay, more seriously …
Crazy to think if Freddie lived he’d turn 70 this year.
Afternoon – easy 5.1 with a run to the grocery in the middle.
Summer training for the kids is having an impact. As in afternoon naps. Yes!
In the evening I gather TZ and JZ to head into Boulder to watch some of the Thursday night meet. We got there as they shut it down due to lightning in the distance. I was hoping it would start back up but the weather degraded and winds started blowing hard enough to throw some of Benji and Amie’s equipment around (not good). Turned into an adventure getting all the gear down in the rain. And the light was nutty when we got back home to Broomfield.
Oh yeah a kid in the 1500 who is going into the 8th grade ran a 4:36. His name? Cruz CULPEPPER.
No comments:
Post a Comment