Thursday, July 23, 2015

Thursday 23JUL2015

Ended up back in Broomstock for a few hours.  I thought I’d get a run in down there but I got hit with work and it was hot enough that my mind turned to getting back up high for some cooler temps.  Took a bit to get back up there as there were several accidents on 285, but I was able to chase the sun for a bit up to Father Dyer’s resting spot. 



I parked at the turn before the road gets stupid rough (below the upper London Mountain mine) and was able to get up the last push in about 40 minutes and then back down in 24.  I was working some, as is to be expected at 11-13k feet, but not killing it.  It was nice to be up there at this time of day.  I was tucked in the shadow of the hill as the sun set for almost all of the run, and so was treated to it setting into Leadville as I hit the pass.  5.6 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment