Some video from the race on Sunday.
I have been having some on line chats to figure out where Jack came from. It appears he was picked up from a BLM auction in Buena Vista in 2001 for 100 dollars. That means he was a wild burro. He was own by a family there that put him in with mules. They had intended to use him for elk hunting but he did not do well with the mules. They decided to let him just run loose and follow the mules but then that got the mules upset that he was free. The mules would pick on him and Jack would kick back, and make all kinds of noise / fuss. They transferred him over to Bill Lee’s now ex-wife Carol Talbot and so that is how he came to Bill. I am guessing this puts him at about 20 years old.
Mid day – I got together with Bob and Shad for some faster work. I feel okay but my connective stuff is a bit still worked from Sunday. They had lined up for a 1 mile-2 mile-1 mile workout but I made clear that I was probably not going to do that. We jogged about 2 miles for a warm up and got to it. The guys indicated that it would probably be 6:15 to start the mile and carve down a bit from that but we went out in 5:48 pace for the first quarter and it started to get itchy after that. I backed it off and came in at 5:57 on that first one and it felt fine. We were dodging HS football players and band members (meaning we were either slipping into lane 3 or the infield at times). Surprisingly I felt okay and I think it actually help blow out some of the stiffness. Still, I took it safe and rather than do the full two miles they did, I cut that down to some half miles (6 minute pace, then 5:47 pace – yup, they were moving well for those 2). I did the last with them in 5:46 and felt comfortably aerobically but was aware that pushing a bit harder than that would anger some things that are on the mend. With the warm down we came in at 8.5 miles for the day. As weird as it sounds, I think the faster efforts seemed to blow out some of the soreness more.
PM – 5 miles easy. Hot.
5:23?!?!?! Dude, Huge Congrats!!! Proud Of You, Cheers
ReplyDeleteI had 5:22! But they did not stop the clock right. They stopped it when I got his butt across. It is supposed to be the nose of the burro!
DeleteAnd thanks!
Well, someday I can only hope for a one second A$$. Stay Strong Brother
DeleteKeep fighting the good fight Padre.
Delete