Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Wednesday 22JUL2015

AM – 8.4 miles with the XC team.  Those little PITA’s started dropping 6:15 at the end. 

68 year old woman runs a sub six mile. 

Good reads from David.

Headed up to Fairplay in the evening.  Did a bit of scouting around on the lower parts of the burro course.  5 miles.

3 comments:

  1. You racing?

    10:30 AM. I see they still haven't gotten on board with the concept of an alpine start. Hope the weather is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That start is all about getting people to come to Burro Days. If it started at 7 folks would not come out. So we start at 1030. It gets up on Mosquito at oh lightning thirty but the good news that the ham radio operator up there has a 30 foot boom projecting into the sky off his truck.

      Delete
    2. Not everyone will want to arrive for a 7 AM start. I just remember you bringing up the start time a while back as an issue. Then again who am I to talk, I have totally forgotten what an alpine start even is. My start time is like 10 or 11.

      Delete