A friend of mine pointed out that I failed on almost all my objectives that I outlined for 2014. I actually accomplished a small few. Those tended to be the things that were an event or a destination (e.g. backpacking trip with the boy and his Scout troop). All the items that were some sort of choice / discipline (e.g. daily push ups) pretty much skidded out to failure by February. There are some in the list where some progress was made but probably were challenged in that the declaration of the what objective was not really measurable (it is a path versus a destination). It remains a good list and one I will reference periodically.
Afternoon – 10.6 miles. 5 x 6 minute plus efforts in there. Hard to get rolling in some sections because of snow-slush but work nonetheless.
News stuff – Peter puts up a good list of CO ultra performances that stand out from 2014.
- Lot of good myths in here.
Did some annual planning with the family the other day for the year. Looking at least five trips to sea level in April through July. Not the best prep for an altitude hundred miler but we will make the best of it. The passport is gonna get a workout this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment