Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Wednesday 011415

AM – I have been getting a bit less than disciplined in the AM routine when home.  It is easier to stay in bed longer, enjoy the cup of coffee or three a bit longer and cruise the interwebs.  I tend to force myself out when on the road, but when I am at home I sloth in its comforts.  So, in the dark, cold, snow covered stuff this AM, an easy five.

It’s amazing how many people I know who can slam a beer in five or six seconds, and then when they get to the fourth, it takes a full minute or more.

… 2:01, 4:19 by a 55 year old.  DAYUM.

Afternoon – started out with good intentions and got a couple of miles at race pace / effort (for an 8k).  At the close of the second I ended up nearly breaking down the door at the Common can for a bio break.  Stomach was sour after that and I even brought some lunch back the other way.  Great stuff.  Took me a few miles to get my legs back underneath me but I was past the hard effort then, and just rolled it steady.  10 miles.

2 comments:

  1. Funny you mention this, I was just thinking about you today.... Had a similar issue this afternoon after a team lunch at a BBQ joint. Had a little bit of an upset stomach, but thought I had got my business done before leaving the office, but just as I was leaving the car at Gregory, I knew I had really serious issues coming on FAST and then went on to replicate your 2006 PPA action and chuckled thinking back to 9 years ago.

    ReplyDelete