AM – before heading out to Atlanta for a couple of days, got out in the snowing conditions with Lucy. Halfway in the jog with her, the retractable just broke in the mid leash. This is the second one that has just crapped out on me in about six weeks, and this one did not even have any tension on it. I couldn’t tie it off because the little bit that was left on the retractable just disappeared into the handle. On a good note, she was awesome in just jogging on my heels all the way home (thankfully we were not tested by a squirrel or anything).
I headed back out and as I was limited on time, I upped the pace into a tempo, but it is a bit compromised in these conditions. About a mile and a half in, as I transitioned from trail to the road, I hit an unseen (snow covered) patch of of ice and bit it pretty hard. The right knee was a bit irked (and still is) but I was able to get going again. 7.4 miles.
Pouring through this stuff … rich on stats, Carpenter, and Pikes (including that it is a race for washed up marathoners). That is pretty good stuff.
Again – the Nate posts, I am lovin’ it.
Evening – chilly in ATL (the teens), and just a few miles under the moon.
Fell on ice and hurt your knee…welcome to the club.
ReplyDeleteSaw that from you. Of course your blown up knee is still half the size of my regular non blown up knee.
DeleteI've had my pup for almost 10 years now and I have never been a fan of them retractable leashes. I've never owned one but have used them numerous times when watching friends dogs.
ReplyDeleteAnd what annoys me most about them is running trails and coming across other folks walking their dogs with them leashes. On more then one occasion I've gotten tangled up on rope due to a very happy dog and owner who has no clue how to control their dog and leash.
That's all the bitching I got in me today! Hope your spills didn't result in any type of injury!
That ain't a leash problem. That is an owner problem.
DeleteDrink some Yuengling! And try some brews from Sweetwater as well, always our first tent at Telluride Blues & Brews.
ReplyDeleteThe Sweetwater IPA is a good one, worth giving it a try for sure.
ReplyDeleteSweetwater is solid. There is a good brew scene out here for sure.
ReplyDeleteI had a retractable leash do something similar once, but PetSmart replaced it no questions asked (we did not have a receipt and it was probably way past 30 days). I would take it back to wherever you got it. Maybe get one for dogs rated at a higher weight? They are a bit stronger. Or just get a shock collar like Brandon uses.... ;).
ReplyDeleteYeah, got it at Petsmart. Might try bringing it back when we get back. I do use that collar when with the dogs outside the suburban environment (like he does in Leadville) - particularly with Hans.
DeleteYou barbarians up in North CRUD country need to free your dogs! We don't use leashes down here.
DeleteI only leash them because it is good burro training.
Delete