Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Tuesday 010615

News stuff -Flotrack “podcast” (I can’t call it a podcast without an RSS feed).  You have to be a bit of a track junkie to enjoy it.
-Shad had a good post of training tips.  Don't do a low carb diet. Don't do a low fat diet. Do a low shit-food diet.
-
I have been loving Nate J’s training posts.
-An interview with Scooter.  Had no idea the guy had been in the Army. 
-USATF … for all its faults, they know they can throw out a race for old people and they will show up.  Seriously – the USATF holds 30 National Championships a year.  20% of those are specifically geared towards masters – and even those that are not (like XC Nats in Boulder next month),  have a huge masters turn out.  That folks is a machine. 

Afternoon – 11 miles.  Felt flat.  Wanted to get after it a bit but just not up for that today.  Kept it easy. 

Got this from my son’s Scoutmaster. Probably the only time I will ever share a cover with Rob Krar.  I did note that the runners look to either be taking a crap (me) or a piss (Rob).  IMG_2932

2 comments:

  1. A bit pricey, but if you're interested in hearing Nate speak close to home: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/boulder-running-clinics-january-2015-marathon-clinic-tickets-7202800771

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that on Jay Johnson's site. I'd like to do it (even with the cost), but I have some other commitments then.

      Delete