Saturday, January 10, 2015

Saturday 011015

Got home last night and this was waiting for me in the mail.
IMG_2955
Damnit.  Yeah, I bet him a beer.  I should have known better to bet on UCONN hockey.  Leave it to JT to send the love. 

This AM, as I started the jog, I saw the gimpy coyote that hangs in the ditch.  He was pretty close, and that is not reflected well as it took me a bit to get the camera out.IMG_2953IMG_2954 

Broomstock got in the listing for one of the fitter towns in America.  I have lived in a few other places noted on this list.

Tim Geldean, once my training partner, and my long time friend, has written a great article on Norris Penrose location for the state cross country course that I agree with.  If you are curious as to what the flap is about regarding the state XC course, that is covered here.  There are a wide array of opinions and feelings on the topic, including how a XC course ought to look, how it should be arranged for spectators, where in the state it should be held, if it ought to be a single location over the years, and the management of the selection process.

I did not realized until reading this that there is Grand Prix scoring across various masters USATF events.

Ran over to BHS for a bit and ran with Greg W, the distance coach as the kids bolted off into the distance.  Great catching up with him on a variety of topics.  Ran with him for a bit, then the dogs for a bit, then TZ for a bit and some on my own.  20.1 miles, pretty easy.

Got word that the XC team I will run with this Boulder Nats will be sponsored by Flatirons Running.

Flatirons Running Inc Logo

Stoked to run for these guys.  They have become my go to shop, not just because they are a solid shoe shop but they are trying to do stuff like breathe life back into the Boulder Backroads Marathon.

Nice set of opinions collected by Justin regarding the women’s OT qualification standard for the marathon.

Latest ATUC.  Love the groove that Tawnee and Lucho have.  I think I have heard every question every asked on this show.  Probably four times because there are only so many questions you can ask on MAF.  I enjoy hearing their responses anyway, and when Lucho reveals he wants a bunker.

12 comments:

  1. Poor gimpy coyote. It's bad enough that none of the people there probably want it around, it's just trying to get by. Personally, I enjoy those times when we and the critters can coexist happily side by side. I don't want any trouble, and they don't want any trouble.

    Cool about the XC team. I guess I ought to check the store out, I just don't get up there much these days. Plus, it's dangerous to walk into a running gear store after having lunch at Southern Sun. heh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen this coyote through the year. He (or maybe she) has had a hitch in their giddyup for a bit. Seems to be getting by working the local ditch for a few miles.

      I try to go to the running store before the brew shop

      Delete
  2. What's amazing about that healthiest cities list is the percentage of people at (or rather not) a healthy weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am waiting for the BMI tables to get readjusted to "normal" ... so we can all feel better about ourselves.

      Delete
    2. Maybe those numbers will be adjusted down like they were with BP. My BP was normal then suddenly it was high.

      Delete
    3. That is interesting. I get some flak in my company wellness program because on some years my numbers have been a slight tick above 120/80. Like just a touch. For example, one year it was 117/82 and they listed me as pre-hypertensive. I talked to my actual doc about it and he rolled his eyes and confirmed for me it was a non issue.

      Delete
    4. My MD put me on BP medicine a few years ago and now mine is typically mid 120s/ high 70s (was 140/90ish). There is some heart history in my family so he wants me stick with it, though I believe it may be white coat syndrome. I assume the running helps too.
      We just started a wellness program where I work also.

      Delete
    5. Yeah, I am trying to avoid the med route obviously but it might be that I can't outrun some genetic component.

      Delete
  3. I'm going to have to make it over to Flatirons Running one of these days. Seems like they are doing a lot in terms of supporting community. It is less than a half mile from my house so I don't have much of an excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should be charging interest on all this beer you owe me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I just owe you this one? I won the the bet on the climbs in 13, you won on 14 and there is this - right? Let me know if there is other stuff. Maybe that local 5k here that you beat me in?

      I think I owe Sweeney a sixer for XC last year, and Clarkie for one a bunch of years ago. Come to think of it, you might be the only guy I have ever won beer from in a running bet.

      Delete