Friday, January 19, 2007

FKTs Green Mountain Boulder - Gregory Ranger

Update - starting this list on 01/19/11. Good broader reference is Peter Bawkin's FKT site. I will update this as I get info, updates ... when I write this, I am throwing in names of folks who I know are on the list - even if I don't know their time. There is no "cut off standard" for the list so just comment or drop me a note and I will update the post. Where possible, I will also link to a trip report / time post.

This route starts at the Gregory Lot, at the trailhead, follows the Ranger trail to the top.

Sage Canaday - updated 050613 according to Strava, Sage went up sub 29:52.  Screen shots on this post over here.  UPDATE 050713 - Sage left a comment that the Strava route is short, and his actual up (AND THE FKT) is 30:42.  If that is true that means there is about a 1 minute differential between what Sage has and what Strava has.  That means generally about a 3% difference in times that could be applied across the board the Strava posts.
Update on 0701713 got a tip via Twitter from Rob Timko that Sage went 31:48 on this route ... edge of parking lot pavement Gregory-Ranger to summit post: 31:48. 
 Jason Schlarb - January 2011 -33:16 (runner's top), 33:28 to tip top
Jeff Valliere - 34:37 - (Jeff's split description from a recent post where he improved his PR by a second)
Nick Clark - 35:03 December 2010
Dave Mackey - 37:55 February 14, 2011
Jim Petterson 38:47 (summit marker) July 6, 2010
Brandon Fuller 39:35 from 8-2-2011 - and improvement over 39:45 from 2010-07-01
George Zack
41:53 1-22-13 August 5, 2011 - 43:30 (I am still sure I have done faster than this but I can't find any evidence of that.)
Rob Timko 57:39, 8/2/2011 updated to - 51:54 - from comments on 091712


Update 050713
Strava seems to be tracking this route, and so here is a link to that.  Below are a few screen shots from that.

What the FKT list looked like on May 6 2012 according to Strava.


What the FKT list looked like on January 7 2013 according to Strava.

















26 comments:

  1. 39:45
    2010-07-01
    http://brandon.fuller.name/archives/2010/07/01/13.12.46/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got it. And for the moment, you are listed ahead of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick Clark posted doing a 35 minute ascent on this route while his wife was at the hospital after giving birth to their 3rd child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right ... from http://irunmountains.blogspot.com/2010/12/week-ending-december-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Probably be in Boulder Tues 1/25, so will take a stab at the backside (my much preferred route) if anyone cares to join. Thinking 8:30-9:00.

    Jason - I hope it wasn't my third kid, otherwise I lost one somewhere along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am gonna pass on that, given the late start and that I am going to try to do flatter stuff through XC in San Diego.

    What brings you town?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those times are on fire. I'd be happy to break 50:23 running Gregory TH > Saddle Rock > Greenman > summit, which I guess I'll call "Front-Middle". Not a fan of the steps on Amphitheater and this goes around and arrives at the top of them.

    And if I'm the only one running it, then it's an FKT. Woo-hoo! ;) Until one of you guys runs it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mtnrunner, I posted that alt. route over here: http://georgezack.blogspot.com/2007/01/fkts-green-mountain-boulder-gregory_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'll never see me post my times. Too embarrassingly slow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The link for my 33:39 PR on this route last spring: April 18, 2010

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nick,

    Would have loved to of joined you today, but my "tibia posterior" is bothering me a bit, so taking it easy a few days.
    Let me know if you are ever in town again!

    How did it go?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Added Mackey's recent snow encrusted ascent: http://davemackey.blogspot.com/2011/02/green-love-on-valentines-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Added a link to JV's post regarding his splits on this route and recent run up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm now at 34:37, not 34:38. That one second was hard earned! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, I will correct. In a second. Or two.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Still think I have gone faster than 40, but I can't find evidence of that. I put up a 43:30 after getting off the plane back from Israel. That is a bit better than the 47 from January, so I will take what I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  17. as if you putting my time on here isn't embarrassing enough...at least update it to a still embarrassing 51:54 http://blogtimko.blogspot.com/2012/09/green-pr.html

    sub 50 or bust by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Updated to reflect t a tip via Twitter from Rob Timko that Sage went 31:48 on this route ... edge of parking lot pavement Gregory-Ranger to summit post: 31:48.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Eye balling (several segments on) Strava tonight. There may be a few times worth posting at least as a screen shot in the main post.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Added some Strava screen shots today.

    ReplyDelete
  21. New FKT, sub 30 posted today.

    ReplyDelete
  22. UPDATE 050713 - Sage left a comment that the Strava route is short, and his actual up (AND THE FKT) is 30:42. If that is true that means there is about a 1 minute differential between what Sage has and what Strava has. That means generally about a 3% difference in times that could be applied across the board the Strava posts.

    ReplyDelete