Saturday, May 31, 2014

Saturday 053114

AM – in the fog, got out from my house with Bob.  12.3 miles easy, along the trails to the north.

Month ends at 306.2 miles, 40.52 hours, and 13460 vertical feet.  Year sites at 1350.0 miles, 180.88 hours and 57,070 vertical feet.

Week is not done but happy with the flow over the last few days.  Some vertical, some turnover, and fair miles.  If I could hit a regular cadence of Mon-tempo, Tues – hill, Wed – steady recovery, Thursday – turnover/intervals, Friday – hill, Saturday-recovery, Sunday, roll as it comes maybe longer … that would be great.

Pretty sure I will jump in the BRR track meet next week to see what I can muster for the 1500.  Generally speaking I seem to have been making progress on that front since March.  I’d like to think I can go sub 5:10 (mile equivalent), but I expect that I will need to keep my head in it for the third lap.  If I am feeling particularly nuts, I will try to double back for the 800 and hold the same pace I did for the mile (this is hard as it is usually only 20 minutes after the mile).  And now with Pikes only 11 weeks out, I need I drive the vertical a bit more (sort of started that this week).

Oh yeah, need to figure the burro thing out too.

IMG_5693IMG_5713    

David R has started a coaching service that is worth checking out if you are looking for one.  I’d probably sign up but I am fairly uncoachable, as I tend to not do what they tell me to do.

Latest ATU/C.

Didn’t think that Rupp would even dance with the 10k AR given his 13:19 a few weeks ago.  Mind boggling when you consider he is holding what was PR 5k pace for a lot of guys at the top of the sport (uh, like the meet he did this AR at) for twice that distance.  PBs from Coburn and Simpson at respectively the steeple and the 1500– that is great but the news of the meet be not the folks who won but that Rudisha lost and was in seventh.

IMG_5701IMG_5723

4 comments:

  1. Rupp's last 800 or so was just sick. B-bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the shout-out GZ! I think I've established myself as the official coach of master's women hoping to get close to qualifying for the Olympic Trials :) It is so fun to go back-and-forth with people in their training logs. It's like blogging, but with confidentiality. If you ever want personalized poop jokes (and lots of training flexibility), you know how to reach me. Or you can find out how to reach me by looking for the numbers on the stall at a NJ Turnpike rest stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He split the last 800 faster than any 800 I have ever done.

    ReplyDelete