News stuff: Good RunJunkie video covering recent run news. Yet another good TAL (this one on regulation, so more work than running related). Liza blogs on a recent race that was suspended mid race due to weather. And Drew Graham from Adam State is recovering from what I assume is a diving accident. Check out the video in the lower right of that page – the kid had some faith in that kick. BHS XC boys, despite going from 4A to 5A this year are climbing in the 5A ranks.
Jog around the lake that started easy, taking pix/ It went to steady because as the trail merged with another trail this guy came in from the left and eyeballed me. He decidedly picked up the pace to be ahead of me. After about a minute, he picked it up again, but then slowed so I started to come back at him (remaining at about the same pace). He was looking over his shoulder now and then, acting as if he was looking at the trees and flowers, so it was sort of funny. On the next rise he really started going, so I decided to roll with it and we were under six for a short stint. He finally relented and I came up next to him and had a conversation with him for about a mile before he turned off. Nice kid. Training for a boxing match he has in Dallas next month.
And of course it appeared as if I had gone for a swim rather than a run.
11.2 miles. I end up with 365 on the month of September (with 1 day off), which is the largest month of running I have done this year or last (interesting September was big month for me last year as well at 320). Understandably, that is not a huge month for some, but it is a nice step for me. I feel good about the month – getting in a of steady runs to build on some small back to backs (30+ miles over 2 days). October will be a smaller month for me but I will look to see if I can edge in some opportunities to build on that back to back thing a bit. Of course, this is all occurring with little climbing for now.
I wondered what a statue of Stevie Ray Vaughn was doing in CO
ReplyDeleteNope, roasting here in Tejas.
DeleteMy wife and I debated between Austin or Boulder for our second vacation this summer. We chose Boulder as we had been in Austin once before. It's a great town from memory and we'll get back someday.
DeleteHave fun,
Bob
I miss Town Lake (nobody really calls it Lady Bird Lake). Ran a lot of miles down there.
ReplyDeleteIt is a pretty cool loop for sure. And there are a lot of runners and gets the juices flowing. But not emanated into a cab mind you.
DeleteHad one of my best ever tempo runs there in Austin on the path along Lady Bird Lake. The air there is so thick. GZ, regarding all these miles in September, is this just to build a base or are you thinking about a race?
ReplyDeleteNo specific races picked for the short term. Just pounding on the legs a bit to see how well they can handle running a bit tired.
Delete