Saturday, November 1, 2014

Saturday 110114

News stuff -
- Dave Scott thinks Kona ain’t fan friendly.
- a 100 blogs you should read instead of this one.

AM – basically decided it was time for some vertical.  Coincidentally I ran into a few other folks that were of the same basic mindset. IMG_2590As I have not consumed any vertical of significance of late, I decided to keep my effort to one peak, rather than the three that some were taking on.  This guy did not run but happened to be out looking very cool.IMG_2591IMG_2594
The pace was easy but my legs were letting me know that I had not done this sort of stuff in a bit.  By the ladder I was reaffirming to myself that my choice to do only Green was a smart one. IMG_2596
It was a bit of a who’s who out there on the mountain today.  In this pic alone you have a guy who won Western, a woman who once held the UTMB record, and two dudes who finished Nolans.
IMG_2601 And then there was this guy.IMG_2602 Even though he just did some 200 mile 78k feet of vertical in Europe thing, he is camera shy.IMG_2603 Todd and Mike.IMG_2604I asked where Brownie was and this is the reply I got.IMG_2606

At the summit of Green (a whopping number 6 on the year) I was able to convince Todd to head down Bear Canyon and out with me.  Actually a good number of folks who just happened to be out there were going that way down to then go back up Fern and grab a few more peaks.  You can get an idea of the fun if you want.

Great to catch up with Todd.  I had not run with him in a bit and we chatted up the old times, the old team, miles, marathons and Foo.  Todd might be a bigger Foo fan than me.  I learned that Todd actually was the singer in the first band that Shiflett (guitarist from Foo) was in, the Lost Kittens.  Small world!

One of the things I yapped with Todd about was XC.  Apparently when warming up at a race with a guy from San Diego at a race, the dude mentioned something I have often grumped about:  how stupid it is that the  CO guys put all their top masters across different teams.

Got out to see some donks in the afternoon (brought some spare apples) IMG_2608IMG_2609IMG_2610 IMG_2614

Evening – 5.2 miles dog jog.

IMG_2615

No comments:

Post a Comment