Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday 061409

  • P614000114 miles.  Started real easy (8:30) pace and slowly built.  After four miles in 32 min, upped to 6:45 pace on flat, then 7-7:30 on the climb out of Stearn Lake back to the house.  HR averaged 165 over the last 9 of the run, with the last mile jogged in 7:30..  Total time was 1:42.   Not a bad run, but not a great one either.  It was nice to be out in the morning but I could not sink into a groove where I felt I could really roll it up.  It was pretty  humid.  TZ asked me why I was so wet when I got home … guess they are not used to seeing that.  RHR when I woke up this AM was 43.
  • Week in review
    • M – 6 miles, 48 minutes
    • T –14.5 miles, Flagstaff, Green, 142 min
    • W – 7.5 miles, 60 min
    • R – AM –5 miles, 40 min, PM 9 miles, 74 min
    • F – 13 miles, Flagstaff, 100 min
    • Sa – 7 miles, 55 min
    • Su –    14 miles, 102  minutes,
    • 621 minutes on week.  75 miles on week over 8 runs.  148 miles on June, 1184 minutes.  1505 miles on year, 12685 minutes.

    • On whole a fair week.  I feel I need to continue to improve on making my hard days even harder (mostly in distance) and my easier days much easier (maybe even taking them off)… Nice that I was able to increase the overall volume to just over 10 hours (the Tuesday night excursion, a rare event – helped).  Next week’s  tentative plan below.  Mileage next week will drop as I prepare and travel to Mount Washington.  I am getting a bit geeked about this race!

      • M -easy 5-7 miles
      • T – long run  building effort over last hour.  Like to get 15-17 miles, ideally with the last pitch up hill.
      • W – easy 8-10  miles
      • Th – easy 5-7 miles
      • F – travel – rest day
      • Sa – Mount Washington
      • Sun – travel – rest day – 5 – 7 miles if possible
    • Spent the afternoon at the Rockies game.  We not only had a rain delay – we had a TORNADO WARNING.   These shots were at 3 in the afternoon.  It got dark enough that they put the lights on!
    • P6140008 P6140006
      P6140009 P6140012
    • Anyway, KZ’s singing group was there for singing of the National Anthem.  Some lousy Dad video.


    2 comments:

    1. Nice week. If you're looking for a run early Sunday morning a few of us meet up for 5-8 miles early (7 or 8AM). Let me know if you're interested. If that doesn't work for you let me know and I can steer you to some good trails near Joe Dodge.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Kevin - thanks. I'd be interested but I am getting out of Dodge (ouch) early - need to get back home for father's day. I will be somewhere over PA by the time you are running Sun AM.

      ReplyDelete