Saturday, June 6, 2009

Saturday 060609

Easy 8 miles.  64 min.  AHR = 143.  Humid.

3 comments:

  1. Big guns came out at Vail today -
    http://www.tevamountaingames.com/results/2009/Triumph%20Development%20Vail%20Pass%20Half/FINAL%20RESULTS%20-%20MEN%20Vail%20Pass%20Half%206.6.09.pdf

    Today wasn't even the money race (I don't think), so I'd expect the top guys here to be back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was equal money in both the half and the 10K ($1K, $750, $500, $250), so I'd expect most of those guys to have raced again this morning. I know Matt planned to. I think it's actually pretty notable that Matt was beat yesterday, even though Rickey is already a proven bad-ass, I thought Matt would have had the advantage over the longer distance. Also, Joe Gray in 3rd is impressive coming from WA. All in all, though, that "half marathon" was hardly a steep climb (~200ft/mile?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Word out of Vail is that Carpenter won the 10K today. No deeper results yet.

    ReplyDelete