Saturday, December 4, 2010

Saturday 120410

AM – headed out to Teller for some work.  Met up with James Johnson (not the one from MA), Rich Dissley, and Jim Robbins.   We warmed up for a bit, bounced into Tim Long who was out for some easy miles.  It was great to be out with a group – significantly motivating, particularly these guys who are Masters, have a history of running, and are full of all sorts of stuff for good laughs.  Having got our excuses out, we got to work with 4 x 8 minutes as the order of the day – at 8k race effort.  We elected not to do the out and back, but keep them straight up.  They played out pretty much the same over each … James would separate slowly from us on each one, I tried to hang onto him for as long as I could, with me popping about a minute earlier in each repeat, and then getting rolled up by Rich and Jim.  13 miles. 

Good workout, but I found I could not hold on as much as I like, and I could not squeeze a tougher effort as much as I would like.  No surprise here – that is probably a function of doing a bit too much yesterday, and still bouncing back from the effort on Wednesday over at the Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment