Tony in a pretty cool vid showing the local stuff. Thanks for the tip Justin.
Just heard Tool’s version of Led Zep’s “No Quarter” as Lucho hooked me up with some tunes. Holy crap.
11 miles. Got out, felt good and so I just went with it, for a nice steady effort in the afternoon. Bald Eagle was out in the Lac Amora Wilderness … those big cottonwoods down by the bridge down by Stearns Lake. Turned out to be a good tempo run. And it clued me into a goal for 2011.
GOALS 2011: Be consistent. Yeah, I guess you could say I am consistent with 3900 plus miles on the year but I mean consistent in my workouts. I want to become more disciplined where I have a few set routes that I go and do every week. If I feel up for it, I tag those. If I don’t, I don’t. But I want to know every step in that route, and how to break it down. Where to push. Where to hurt. Where to hold back. Ya know?
Considering this program as a skeleton to start to address some leg, core weakness I am facing in the groin, hip areas. I don’t notice these weakness when I run, but I do in other movements – and want to address that. More on this later but I need to get to bed to watch the eclipse later.
This biking thing in Vail … got to check around on it, but ack.
Cool! The first part looks good. Savin' the rest for after work.
ReplyDeleteI keep thinking about trail running on film... it could make for some great viewing on the big screen.
At the same time, I'm afraid of the side effects... and I won't cry if it remains economically unfeasible for a while longer.
Any idea what role Roes plays in the film? He's in the acknowledgments.
ReplyDeleteSo is that a little taste of your running grounds. . .
Good stuff.
Was going to take today off but now I'm running up Green in a bit!
ReplyDeleteNot sure what role Geoff played, but I also see that Joel added the "Green Mountain Crew". Dave Mackey, Geoff, Joe Grant, Nicolas Mermoud (Hoka founder/3rd UTMB), Brandon Fuller and myself met Tony and Joel just as they wrapped up filming on the snowy morning, then we continued on for a nice run. Joel did a bit of filming at the end when we got back to Chautauqua. I am guessing that we might be the "Green Mountain Crew" since he did not really know our names, except for maybe Geoff. Pure speculation on my part though.
ReplyDeleteI hear ya' mtnrunner. Course, then we could go to the desert.
ReplyDeleteTim - yah! Gets ya a bit fired up, don't it?
Matt - as JV was there, I will defer to him. GMC ...
Sweet video. I'm slightly jealous of your training grounds.
ReplyDeleteAww Kevin, the snow is always whiter, ain't it? I was feeling the same on your recent excursion up to that (Mizpah?) hut.
ReplyDeleteFinally finished watching this. That was fun!
ReplyDeleteIt also reminds me my cadence has gotten really slow lately.